If you’re like many small business owners, you’re always searching for ways to save time and money. One of the most popular digital marketing solutions that strives to accomplish both of these goals is Google Ads.
So how can Google Ads help your small business? It’s simple—Google Ads offers several benefits that are specific to small business owners, including:
• Tailored Campaigns
• Audience Targeting
• Flexible Budgeting
• Flexible Timing
• Results Tracking and Metrics
Keep reading to find out how your small business can grow and thrive with a Google Ads digital marketing campaign!
Campaigns Tailored to Your Goals
Google Ads makes it easy for you to set up a digital marketing campaign that is tailored to your advertising goals. Google for Small Business even walks you through the step-by-step process. Based on your goals, you can:
• Drive Traffic to Your Website: From online sales to appointments and newsletter signups, you can create ads that direct visitors to specific pages on your website—and get them to take action.
• Receive More Phone Calls: Start more conversations with customers by featuring your business’ phone number and a click-to-call button.
• Increase Store Visits: Your small business benefits from ads that show your location on Google Maps.
With Google Ads, you can take your digital marketing campaign to a whole new level by targeting your audience. The three most common ways to target your audience with Google Ads are by:
• Geographic Range: Go global or stay local—it’s completely up to you. When you set a specific geographic range for your ad, you know that your ad is only reaching potential customers in your chosen area.
• Demographics: Demographic targeting allows you to reach potential customers within a specific age range, gender, household income, or parental status.
• Keywords: The text of your ad plays an important role in targeting the right customers at the right time—and can help you win a higher spot in Google search. Think like your customers when choosing keywords. You know your business best, so come up with a list of potential keywords you would use to find your business.
For example, if you operate a small boutique clothing shop, you can target women within a certain distance from your business. Take targeting a step further by selecting demographics such as age range and household income and keywords that relate to your business or specific products.
Google Ads is extremely flexible with advertising budgets. You determine how much you want to spend during a given timeframe, and you’ll never pay more than your allotted budget. This works because Google Ads offers “pay-per-click” ads, which means that you only pay when someone clicks on your ad. You can adjust your ad budget or pause your campaign any time, and there is no minimum spend required.
When you set up a Google Ads campaign you have control over how long your ad runs. This makes it easy to manage campaigns for events, promotions, or any of your other marketing initiatives. For small business owners with limited time and staff, this flexibility also allows you to turn ads on and off if you’re going away for a vacation or you run a seasonal business.
Results Tracking and Metrics
While you can certainly start a campaign and let it run until you’ve maxed out your budget or reached your set timeframe, it’s best to measure your results. Google recommends allotting a minimum of 30 minutes a week to review ad results and make adjustments.
Google Ads offers several customizable options to track and measure your digital marketing campaigns. For example, you can set and track goals for:
• Return on Investment (ROI)
• Website Traffic
• Sales and Conversions
• Brand Awareness
You can also see metric such as:
• Top-Performing Keywords
• Headlines with the Best Click-Through Rate
• Top-Performing Times
• Click-Through Rate
• Cost Per Click
According to Google’s latest Economic Impact Report, U.S. businesses receive over 1 billion direct connections from Google every month. For businesses that use Google Ads, the company estimates that advertisers make $2 or every $1 they spend.
These statistics show that Google Ads is an effective digital marketing tool for small businesses that want to connect with the right customers, at the right time, for a price that fits their advertising budget. If you want to set up a simple and cost-effective digital marketing campaign for your small business, it’s worth giving Google Ads a try.
A little bit about us – Web Fox Marketing is a web company in Livonia, Michigan SEO and digital advertising specialists. We work with our local communities near Livonia, Novi, West Bloomfield, Farmington Hills, Northville and beyond. On top of offering digital advertising advantages, we are proficient in search-engine advantages , Google Ads advertising (pay-per-click), Search Engine Optimization services, social media marketing, and more!
A website most certainly is a critical step, as on-line success through-out our connected markets is reliant on Google dominance & increased exposure to many advertising channels. Our Michigan lead generation company is more than glad to help you with any kind of challenges you may have. Drop us a line today and let’s get started building your responsive website!